Sirata Beach Resort & Conference Center, October 22-26, 2018
Each year, on the anniversary of the sinking, St. Lo and USS Dennis survivors and their families come together to renew friendships, share memories and exchange accounts of their personal experiences.
This year’s reunion is in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida, on Monday, October 22, to Friday, October 26, 2018, at the Sirata Beach Resort & Conference Center, 5300 Gulf Boulevard.
Our reunion hosts Dick Selmeier and Bob Falbo have planned a very nice and enjoyable week of activities all leading up to the memorial service. The memorial service is our way of giving respect for those who made the ultimate sacrifice. We hope you’ll join us!
Monday – October 22nd
- 13:00 – 23:00 – Arrivals at Hotel & Check-in
- Reunion Registration at the Hotel’s Hibiscus Hospitality Suite
Tuesday – October 23rd
- Free day to enjoy St. Pete Beach, shopping at the Sun Dial in downtown St. Petersburg & many other local area attractions
- 17:00 – 19:00 – Welcome Reception with Author Jim Hornfischer at Harry’s Pool and Beach Bar (or Hibiscus Suite if inclement weather)
- Gulf Sunset at the Beach at 18:53
Wednesday – October 24th
- 10:00 – Board of Directors meeting at Hibiscus Hospitality Room
- 18:00 – 23:00 Banquet in the Royal Palm Ballroom (8th Floor)
- Following Banquet – Hibiscus Hospitality Suite Open
Thursday – October 25th
- 11:00 – USS St. Lo & USS Dennis Memorial Service in the Mediterranean Palm Ballroom (2nd Floor above the South Pool). View the Memorial Service Program here
- 12:30 – The “Big Easy” Buffet – Breezeway Deck at the Beach
- 16:00 – Survivors, Board of Directors & General Membership meeting – Hibiscus Room until Hospitality Suite Open?
- Gulf Sunset at the Beach at 18:52
Friday – October 26th
- 8:00 – 10:00 – Farewell Breakfast & Departures
- Royal Palm Ballroom, 8th Floor
Note: The Resort does not provide complimentary breakfast. However, there are several Sirata dining facilities on the property and St. Pete Beach (Gulf Boulevard) is loaded with a wide variety of wonderful “close-by” dining.